Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Telegraph.co.uk: The 20 Best Spring Bulbs

This article includes inspiring photographs of some of my favorite bulbs: "Elspeth Thompson chooses the bulbs to plant now and enjoy later...For me there is something unfailingly cheering and hopeful about bulb-planting – it even helped me through the death of a muchloved dog one sad October. It can be tiring if large numbers are involved, so alternate the big naturalistic swaths with handfuls of delicate beauties in pots that can be brought inside when coming into bloom.."

2 comments:

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

Nice article! I always forget about the camassia and the drumstick alliums, but I love them both. Also the muscari. And here I thought I was done bulb shopping for the year! ~Angela :-)

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Wonderful, all those lovely spring flowers so many of my favorites. I planted Woodstock in my greenhouse last autumn and they were sensational!

Search Heirloom Gardener

Google
 

Blog Archive

Blogflux

Blog Flux Pinger - reliable ping service. Blog Directory Alltop, all the top stories
Powered By Blogger