Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day: Autumn Blooming Roses in New Jersey

It's time again for Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day at May Dreams Gardens: yes, it's October and spring bulb planting and autumn cleanup has begun, but some of the roses are still blooming. While less numerous than the blooms of May-June, the autumn roses are especially welcome for their deeper colors that come from the cooler weather.

Dortmund on the arbor in the Cutting Garden
Roulette in the Egg Garden
Penelope in the Rose Garden
Fairy in the Egg Garden
Thomas Affleck in the Children's Garden
Graham Thomas in the Cutting Garden
Heritage in the Children's Garden
Cecil Brunner on Goldberry Hill

6 comments:

Carol Michel said...

I like the roses of Autumn, they are very pretty, and hopefully fragrant, too. Thanks for joining in for bloom day.

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

joco said...

Hiya HLG,

SNAP: My cleanest rose out at the minute is R. Dortmund too. Good doers usually.
Want to see more red? Come and visit me here

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Love the description.. "fairy in the egg garden" Sounds like a fantasy. I had to go through your blog till I found out what exactly an egg garden is! So, it's the oval shape. Lovely name for a part of a garden.

Unknown said...

Still so many roses in bloom! I have a few here; Robusta, Golden Wings, Topaz Jewel, Polareis and of course Snow Pavement (Schneekopf), but only a few flowers, of course. Golden Wings will hang on to the bitter end, always.

McCabeandco said...

My favourites still are 'eiffle tower,' 'just joey' and that 'burgundy iceberg...' but your photos still make want to seek out new colours and challengers to my old favorites.

Commonweeder said...

I loved seeing these photos. I have about 70 hardy roses and just bought Thomas Affleck which I planted by the entry walk. Can't wait for June.

Search Heirloom Gardener

Google
 

Blog Archive

Blogflux

Blog Flux Pinger - reliable ping service. Blog Directory Alltop, all the top stories
Powered By Blogger