Thursday, October 09, 2008

Garden Bloggers' Design Workshop: Sheds and Outbuildings

This month's Gardening Bloggers' Design Workshop at Gardening Gone Wild (one of my favorite places to share ideas with other gardeners) is on sheds and outbuildings. As much as I love sheds and outbuildings, the limitations of space and slope allow me only one, the fort (or playhouse) that is pictured here earlier this summer.

In a prior post, I wrote about how we built it from scratch: "The entire project took about a month, mainly on weekends. The total cost of the materials was approximately $700. My husband did all of the work himself, except the cutting and installation of the walls which he did with a friend on a single afternoon."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your little shed - it is charming and well-designed, perfect for the scale of your garden space (the boxwood balls are a nice touch at the entrance). Please check out my brand new book, Stylish Sheds and Elegant Hideaways (Clarkson Potter, 2008), all about inspiring and innovative sheds, and more!

Anonymous said...

It's very cute! Looks like a good size for your half-acre.

Anonymous said...

That is a sweet little building, it fits well into the landscape too. I love the color and sloped roof. Good job hubby!

Frances
new url
http://fairegarden.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you shared this photo and link to your previous post for the GGW Design Workshop, HHG. Such a charming (but not "cutesy") garden structure, and it serves a useful purpose as well.

Search Heirloom Gardener

Google
 

Blog Archive

Blogflux

Blog Flux Pinger - reliable ping service. Blog Directory Alltop, all the top stories
Powered By Blogger