Sunday, April 06, 2008

Forced Branches: Follow-up Pictures of Cherry Blossoms

As a follow-up to my prior posts on forced forsythia, crabapple, quince, ceris (redbud), and pussy willow, here are two pictures of the current forced branches gracing my family room: cherry.

I don't have a cherry tree in my own garden, but purchased these beautiful branches from a local grower. From the time of purchase, it took about a week or so for the buds to swell and another week for them to fully blossom.

Cherry is one of several trees--dogwood, magnolia, and witch hazel are the others--that I have a great desire to add to my garden this year.

No comments:

Search Heirloom Gardener

Google
 

Blog Archive

Blogflux

Blog Flux Pinger - reliable ping service. Blog Directory Alltop, all the top stories
Powered By Blogger