This past weekend, we had our first frost, so I started to dig up the dahlia tubers for winter storage. I finished the tubers on Goldberry Hill and the Front Border (pictured), but still need to get the ones in the Cutting and Rose Gardens. For a full how-to, read my prior post, "How to Store Dahlia Tubers for Winter."
Welcome to Heirloom Gardener
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
- About Blogging
- Annuals/Biennials and Perennials
- Autumn Garden
- Books and Movies
- Botanical Gardens
- Bulbs and Tubers
- Children's Garden
- Container Gardening
- Crocus tommasiniasus roseus
- Cut and Forced Flowers
- Cutting and Rose Gardens
- Deep Thoughts About Gardening
- Egg Garden
- Fences Arbors Walls and Paths
- Floral arrangements
- Front Border
- Fun Stories About Gardening
- Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day
- Garden Bloggers' Design Workshop
- Garden Planning
- Gardening Blogs
- Gardening Tools and Structures
- Gardening with Children
- Goldberry Hill
- Heirloom and Organic Food
- Japanese Beautyberry
- Mixed Borders
- New Jersey / Local Interest
- Online Gardening Resources
- Pest Control
- Picture This Photo Contest
- Piet Oudolf
- Propagation and Seeds
- Pruning and Maintenance
- Seed Heads
- Self Seeders
- Spring Garden
- Summer Garden
- Wildlife in the Garden
- Winter Garden
- End of Season Clematis: Arabella in the Cutting G...
- End of Season Clematis: Marie Boisselot on the Ar...
- End of Season Roses: Gruss an Aachen in the Child...
- End of Season Roses: Rose de Rescht in the Egg Ga...
- Picture This Photo Contest: the End of the Line
- End of Season Roses: Nur Mahal Hybrid Musk Rose B...
- The Last Dahlia of the Season
- NJ Farmers' Market Update: Sundays in Summit exte...
- Fall Colors: an Arrangement of Mophead Hydrangeas...
- After the Frost: Time to Start Digging up the Dah...
- Blotanical's Best Pennsylvania Gardening Blogs of ...
- Fall Colors: Pee Gee Hydrangea in the Front Borde...
- Adam Woodruff's visit to Oudolf Nursery & Garden -...
- Fall Colors: Chrysathemum in the Front Border
- End of Season Roses: Danae in the Cutting Garden
- Poemas del río Wang: Imperial crown
- British Rose Garden Tour - Summer 2010
- ▼ November (17)
- ► 2008 (202)