Welcome to Heirloom Gardener
Friday, December 07, 2007
The Children's Garden includes beds that I help the children plant and cultivate: three raised vegetable beds, for which my oldest son (age eight) is the primary gardener, and one flower bed, for which my older daughter (age ten) is the primary gardener.
The boundaries of the Children's Garden were created by installing a post and rail fence within the backyard.
Given the placement of the garden and to allow for maximum play, it has three openings: one to the Rose Garden, another to the Great Lawn, and the third next to the Long Border. The Great Lawn and the Long Border are hyperbole, as the Great Lawn is small and the Long Border is short.
- About Blogging
- Annuals/Biennials and Perennials
- Autumn Garden
- Books and Movies
- Botanical Gardens
- Bulbs and Tubers
- Children's Garden
- Container Gardening
- Cut and Forced Flowers
- Cutting and Rose Gardens
- Deep Thoughts About Gardening
- Egg Garden
- Fences Arbors Walls and Paths
- Front Border
- Fun Stories About Gardening
- Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day
- Garden Bloggers' Design Workshop
- Garden Planning
- Gardening Blogs
- Gardening Tools and Structures
- Gardening with Children
- Goldberry Hill
- Heirloom and Organic Food
- Japanese Beautyberry
- Mixed Borders
- New Jersey / Local Interest
- Online Gardening Resources
- Pest Control
- Picture This Photo Contest
- Piet Oudolf
- Propagation and Seeds
- Pruning and Maintenance
- Seed Heads
- Self Seeders
- Spring Garden
- Summer Garden
- Wildlife in the Garden
- Winter Garden
- ► 2009 (257)
- ► 2008 (202)
- Salve for the Gardener's Winter Blues: How to Gro...
- Q. What Do You Do With Rocky Soil? A. Make Dry La...
- You Grow Girl Blog: Plant-Related Christmas Gift ...
- Q: How Do You Keep Deer Out Of The Backyard? A: ...
- Cold Climate Gardening Blog: Why Aren't There Mor...
- Common Witchhazel Blooming in December
- Christmas Decorations from the Garden
- Cut Heavenly Bamboo (Nandina)
- Heavenly Bamboo (Nandina) in December
- The Garden in Winter by Suzy Bales
- Container Gardening: Autumn Cleanup and Rosemary ...
- Gardening with Children: How to Build a Children'...
- Gardening Gone Wild: Fences, Walls & Paths
- Heirloom Gardener Magazine
- Heritage Rose: Flowers in December
- Old Farmer's Almanac Gardening 2008 Calendar
- Garden Planning Before the Catalogs Arrive
- Creating the Rose Garden with a Central Brick Path...
- Gardening with Children: Creating the Children's ...
- Complicata Rose Hips
- Winter Garden Highlight: Annabelle Hydrangea
- Brooklyn: Private and Public Gardens
- Russell's Cottage Rose
- Hansa Rose
- Star of the Republic Rose
- Japanese Beautyberry
- The Hellenbrechts in Ohio: Christmas Green
- Dortmund Rose Hips
- Blackberry Lily Seedheads
- Container Gardening: Winter Containers
- Vegetables and Herbs: How to Build Raised Vegetab...
- Ballerina Rose Hips
- Crabapple Tree in Winter
- Hydrangea Wrapped For Winter
- ▼ December (34)