Sunday, December 28, 2008

Garden Bloggers' Design Workshop on Kids in the Garden: What the Kids Say

This month's Garden Bloggers' Design Workshop at Gardening Gone Wild is on Kids in the Garden. As a gardener with five young children, my whole blog is in part about gardening with children. Some of the most popular posts on my blog have been the most explicit about the topic, including:

~
~
In addition to these posts, my post for last month's Design Workshop was Five Tips for Growing Edibles with Children. For this specific Design Workshop, I asked my three oldest children to write down their favorite things about gardening.
~
"My favorite thing in the garden is making flower arrangements. I like putting different flowers together. My favorite color is pink, so a lot of my vases have pink in them. One of my favorite plants is the hibiscus, but the flowers only stay good in a vase for one day. Phlox are good too."
~
-My older daughter, age 10
"My favorite thing in the garden is harvesting vegetables. There are so many different ones to find in the vegetable garden. My favorites to harvest are the tomatoes."
~
-My oldest son, age 9
"My favorite thing about gardening is looking at the flowers. Some of my favorite flowers are daffodils, tulips, and muscari. Muscari is my favorite because it looks like it has bells."
~
-My younger daughter, age 7

5 comments:

Wayne Stratz said...

OH to see like a child. veggies came first, then a passion for flowers came along.

Angela (In the Cottage Garden) said...

Isn't it interesting? My son's first word was "bamboo" (this garden mama was so proud), but he's definitely focused on food now. He's the one who started our compost pile this year! And he's only just turned 5!
~Angela :-)

Julia Erickson said...

Composting at age five?!? Wow, I'm impressed.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Happy New Year my blogging garden friend!
I wish you and your family a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year 2009
Lots of Love Tyra

Marta McDowell said...

Thank you for sharing the views of the younger gardeners in your household. Muscari does look like bells!

May 2009 bring peace, health and a community garden for Chatham.

Search Heirloom Gardener

Google
 

Blogflux

Blog Flux Pinger - reliable ping service. Blog Directory Alltop, all the top stories
Powered By Blogger